Thursday, May 21, 2009

I have a WHAT on me???????

Eli is no longer a "city" dog. We discovered his first TICK this week. Needless to say, he has been scrubbed down, the sheets have been bleached, and the RV sanitized. Yes, it was only one tick, one very, very small tick.....but it was a TICK.

Because of his skin allergies we had taken him off of the topical medications for fleas and ticks. Up until now he was taking an oral form for flea prevention only. (FYI: Eli has never, ever had a flea on him either.) However, today I consulted with his doctor in Texas and thanks to Dr. Kimbrell in Fayette, Eli is now on tick prevention meds too.

He is adjusting well to the country life. He enjoys going outside each morning and seeing the squirrels and rabbits running around in our yard. However, when a deer jumped across the driveway, Eli was just sitting there, like, "Ok, that is a BIG rabbit".

He really, really, really misses his Daddy......and his Daddy really REALLY misses Eli! (Have I mentioned that all of my phone conversations with Jim start, "What is my boy doing?" or if Krisha and I are not at home he will say, "You need to get home and make sure Eli is alright.")

Krisha goes back to the doctor on Tuesday. Please continue to keep her and the girls in your prayers. We are hoping their arrival will be very, very soon!

2 comments:

Joy said...

I check your and Krisha's blog about twice a day to see if there is any baby news. I am hoping you can put something on the blog when she goes to the hospital. I would love to come by and sit with ya'll. Also, big rabbit......funny!

Kim Lawson said...

Wonder what Eli will think of the babies??? More rabbits?? ;)