Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Where will Ike make landfall, SIL, and Pandora


Per our local website:
Emergency Management Officials in Southeast Texas are continuing to monitor Hurricane Ike. Based upon the current track and predictions provided by the National Weather Service, there are no planned evacuations for the region.

However, with that said, the exact landfall location remains very uncertain. The best estimate right now is for landfall somewhere between Brownsville and Corpus Christi. It should be noted that this is subject to change should conditions change. One should not focus on an exact landfall location at this time and all interests along the western Gulf coast should monitor the progress of Ike closely. Since, the "cone of uncertainty" extends from Northern Mexico to Southeast Texas...

We are approximately 300 miles east of Corpus Christi, so hopefully we will not be close to the direct hit, although we remain in the cone.

On a happier note, my SIL (son-in-law), actually seems to be disappointed that MIL (me, his Mother-in-law) isn't coming back so soon to stay with them! Isn't that amazing! I have the greatest son-in-law on Earth!

When we were home with Dan and Krisha during the mandatory evacuation for Gustav, we had some wonderful meals prepared for us.

  • Krisha: prepared a wonderful breakfast quiche, and this wonderful Stroganoff Sandwich










and the delicious Alabama and Auburn cakes,





















  • Wayne and Anita: Grilled steaks and all the trimmings while we watched the Alabama/Clemson football game.
  • Wanda: Smoked turkey, creamed potatoes, baby limas, squash casserole, homemade brownies w/ice cream....and SWEET TEA on Sunday for lunch.
  • Mother: Ok, my Mother doesn't cook anymore except on Thanksgiving and Christmas, but she did take us out Sunday night for a great supper!
So, after everyone else had been so wonderful to host the evacuees, I told Dan and Krisha that since they had to go back to work on Tuesday that I would cook dinner for them that night, Dan had requested White Bean Chili. I had good intentions of going to the grocery store Tuesday morning and getting all the ingredients for that and to make him the Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings. However, before Jim and I could get up and get ready to go to the store, Jim's office called that we had to return to Texas THAT DAY so that he could start up the mill the following day!


SO, you see, my SIL wants me back in Alabama because I "owe" him dinner! As much as I would love to be there to prepare it for him, it doesn't look like I will be going anytime soon. However, I promise you Dan, I WILL cook this meal for you the next time we come home or that you come to Texas.


I love my Son-in-law!


Krisha started me a Pandora charm bracelet as a gift when she and Dan got married. She has continued to add to it, as has Jim (more times than he realizes! I just love that man!). Some of the charms include the

  1. little girl (Krisha),
  2. Wedding cake (Dan and Krisha's wedding)
  3. A flip-flop (Jim and my visits to the beach)
  4. Sun, moon and stars (Jim got a laugh when I told him this was from him because I KNOW he would give me the sun, moon and stars!)
  5. Angel of Hope (watching over me )

There are several more, each charm has special meaning. But, the latest charm is the current winner............THE EYE OF THE STORM!

Ok, anyone out there want to guess why? I'll give you some hints,
Erin, Humberto, Gustav and Ike!


Everyone please continue to pray for the people and property that Ike has destroyed and continues to destroy!

0 comments: