Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Getting over the Thanksgiving Holiday and starting Christmas...

I need to say this first, and then I'll have it out of the way...


Jim, Eli and I had a great Thanksgiving.....we were in Sweet Home Alabama! We were worried about Eli making the trip, but I got a prescription of Ace from the vet, and he did wonderfully.


Dan and Krisha stayed so busy visiting with all of their extended families during the holiday, but our time with them is always precious to us. We were able to get their tree decorated and put out other Christmas decorations. They were so blessed at their holiday shower, they will never have to buy any decorations.......except for the twins!


We went to Wayne and Anita's Thursday night for our family Thanksgiving dinner. As always, we ate too much! However, we had a great time with Chloe.





On Friday Krisha and I did a little shopping for Christmas decorations (for me) while Jim and Dan stayed busy doing something!

Saturday we had a GREAT day getting ready for the Iron Bowl. Jim and Dan smoked chicken wings while Krisha and I prepared the finger foods and other goodies. Danyell came to watch the game with us. Poor Dan, he was out numbered! We had four Alabama fans, (well, actually six if you consider both Beau and Eli wear Alabama collars!) and only one Auburn!! Did I say, poor Dan? I realize that it was very difficult for him, but hey, he has had the bragging rights for the past six years! It was time to give them back to the rightful owners!!! (Dan, we love you!)

Since returning to Texas I have s-l-0-w-l-y started to get out (ok, Jim got all of the decorations out of the attic) our Christmas decorations and getting everything looking festive. I have finally gotten up our main tree, Boyd Bear tree, and Eli's tree. But, that's it so far. Maybe by tomorrow I'll be finished with the rest of the house........then I have to start Christmas shopping!

1 comments:

The Deavours Family said...

Thank you soooo much for getting my tree done and the house decorated!!!! I love ya'll!!!