Monday, January 31, 2011

Moma D turns 50


Yes, Krisha (with Dan and Jim's help) got me! We had a great time and I really appreciate all my family and friends coming to help me celebrate the BIG 50.










I was thrilled to see everyone, but I was totally surprised and overjoyed to see my very best friend from high school, Vonnie Elmore Kelly. There are no words to express the bond the two of us share. It had been over 14 years since we had seen each other!
Vonnie and I

Vonnie and her beautiful daughter, Jennifer.

Also, one of my best friends for over 25 years, Ginger Keating. However, Jim claims that she is HIS best friend, not mine. (Ginger helped him mark off one of his "bucket list" items in October - she carried him to the Nascar Race in Talledega.)
Below is Krisha with Jennifer, my 1st daughter (hey Jennifer, do you think I am old enough to be your step mom now? HA)
And of course, below are two of my other children, Danyell and Lisa


And for those we didn't get pictures of, sorry, blame the camera man! Ha. Thanks again to everyone that came!!!!

Thanks to Krisha for all the hard work that she put into it, it was a great party!!!

* * * * * * * * *

SO, you would think that would be it right? A huge surprise party with so many of my friends and family attending, getting so many great gifts............but, NO. Krisha (again with Dan and Jim's help) was not finished................

On Sunday nights Jim and I attend our church's Life Group at David and Karen Cottingham's home. It is a group of 20 -25 people. We always have great food, wonderful discussions about living our lives for Christ, and fun fellowship together. Jim and I love this group of folks, they are our rock.
When we arrived Sunday night, there was Dan, Krisha and the girls...........with ANOTHER cake, ice cream, balloons and the Happy Birthday banner!!!
It was the "men's" night to cook, and we had a great supper of salad, lasagna, garlic bread and then all the birthday cake and trimmings...and more cards and gifts.
It was so fitting that our discussion for the night was a continuation of Brother Dan's morning sermon, "Love God and Love Others"..............thanks to all the group for showing me God's love and for loving me and my family so much!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

Krisha, I love you for all the hard work you did and for making this such a special time for me.
Dan, thanks for helping Krisha with the girls so that she could get all the work done for the party.
David and Karen, thanks for hosting my 2nd surprise party.
Jim, thanks for helping with the funding (although I am sure you owe Dan and Krisha more!?!) and the help you provided to Krisha, I love you.

Now, what will I do for Jim's 60th birthday in June and Krisha's 30th birthday in October?????? Anyone have any suggestions?

1 comments:

Joy said...

Happy Birthday! It's great to feel loved on these big birthdays.