Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Prayer Request and A Praise

Our Sunday School class starts out each Sunday with a "Prayer Request & Praise" discussion before opening prayer.
Today, I would  like to share a prayer request and a praise with my blog friends.

A PRAISE
I kept a button on my page about a baby named Bennett for months (I think I accidentally deleted it when I changed my page background after Christmas) that was born on July 3, 2010, at 26 weeks. He weighed only one pound and four ounces. He has been in the hospital since birth and has faced many, many challenges along the way. However, through thousands of people praying for this family he is now up to almost eight pounds and may be going home next week!!!! Here is a link to Bennett's mother's blog: Our Journey to Parenthood

A Prayer Request

The Simple Wife, is a blog that I recently began reading. It is written by Joanne, a 38 year old, inspirational writer, wife, and mother. On January 11, she suffered a major stroke. Her family is asking for our prayers and also wrote on her blog:
"We are claiming Psalms 46 for Joanne.
Would love to have you read and pray over those passages for her."

1 comments:

kimberly t. bowling said...

Such good news for Baby Bennett. I need to go read their blog...inspiring, I'm sure. And although I don't follow her, I read the Simple Wife, also, occasionally when I have time to surf around. But have been kept up to date through other bloggers about her trauma. So sad. Another true story of hope, trusting in the Lord, beautiful peace lived through a family in such a tough spot. I'm praying she will "wake" soon and begin her road to recovery.