Friday, March 14, 2008

Eli's angel in Heaven, Mango.



Eli has a Myspace page. Of the 200+ friends, a very large majority of them are other bulldogs and their families. We love to communicate with them and share our stories of day to day life being loved by a bullie. We became very close friends with a little French bulldog named Mango. Her story is so heartwarming......and heartbreaking. Her mommy recently started a memorial page for her, the link is below in our favorite link section for those of you that would like to read it. (There is also a link to our Myspace page if you would like to request to be friends).
Below is a blog that Eli wrote about Mango and some of her pictures that we wanted to share with everyone.


Sunday, December 30, 2007

My special friend, Mango.
I lost a very special friend before the holidays. I had prayed every night that God would heal her of her suffering, but if that was not his plan, that she would go peacefully. Even though she is gone, I still find myself praying each night that she is at peace and that her family will be able to bear the pain of losing her.
Although I love all my friends on Myspace, it was Mango that caused me to sign on every morning. I always wanted to see if new bulletins had been posted and how she was feeling. Some days the news made my Mommy and I cry with happiness because Mango was feeling better, other days we cried because she had a restless night.
I realize that I am only one of hundreds of doggies (and cats, birds, maybe a few frogs..and alot of humans) that fell in love with Mango. Her story was one of abuse, rescue and second chances. She suffered at the hands of abusers in the beginning of her life, but after being rescued by her current family she began to thrive and feel loved. She was given a second chance and she became the "spokesperson" on Myspace to all her friends about how each of us should try to help others and reach out to those in need.
Cancer took Mango from us. It did not allow her a third chance at a wonderful life. However, because of her illness and suffering, I became a better doggie. Mango showed me what it means to love a friend, a real friend. I will never let myself become as attached to another friend as I did Mango - there will never be but one Mango in my life.
Some may believe that animals do not have souls, but Mango has proven that to be false. I feel too much pain from losing her, I feel too much pain because of the loneliness that her family is feeling without her.
Watch over us my dear friend. I will continue to pray for your family and all the other friends that have holes in their hearts because you are gone.
Eli Bama


This picture is Eli with several of the items being sold to help pay Mango's medical bills.


This is precious Mango after one of her chemo treatments. (notice her little bandage).





2 comments:

Helping People Who Are Scammed said...

It was difficult to come back to this, especially with Mango's 3 month mark on Friday.

Darlene, Jim, Eli, and family- you have always been there for us and Mango. I know she brought us together. Thank you for continuing to be there after she is gone. People like you are what make this huge difference in the world and everyone's hearts become bigger!

You showed Mango so much love and I truly appreciate it.

Love,

Danelle

sargetiff said...

Oh how I miss you lubba Mango. Your letter about Mango was so touching. We have tears in our eyes. We all fell in love with Mango. She is an Angel with a beautiful soul. It is nice to see how so many others loved her. Lubba you Eli and family. Lubba your blog.

Wuffs n slobbers,
Sarge