Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Happy Birthday to my brother..........



Happy Birthday, Wayne!!!
April 22nd is my brother's birthday! Some might think, "She made a mistake, Wayne is her brother-in-law." NO, Wayne is my brother!
Wayne has been in my life since I was a pre-teenager. He has been with me through some of the greatest, and most definitely the hardest times of my life.
One of the first Christmas gifts I received from him was a beautiful, white Bible with my name on the front. On the inside he had written me a note saying, "This book will keep you from sin, or sin will keep you from this book." On Jim's last birthday I gave him a new Bible. On the inside I wrote the same note to him. I must admit, through the years I have had several Bibles, but I've never forgotten what Wayne told me in that first one.
Other than my Daddy and Granddaddy Barrett, Wayne is one of the greatest men in my family. (And I don't think he minds taking a backseat to either of them.) When Daddy died in 1989, he stepped up to the plate and became the male role model our family needed. I know, without a doubt, that Daddy is very, very proud of the way Wayne helped Mother, Anita, Krisha, and me through those dark days and how he continues today to always be there for all of us.





I am so very thankful that Anita, Paige and Stefan have Wayne. I am also very thankful that Chloe has such a caring and loving Grandfather.

















And, anyone who knows Wayne, knows he loves to have a great time....................

I love you, brother! Jim and Eli say HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOO!!!
(Did I mention he cooks the BEST steaks ever? Makes the BEST sweet pickles you will ever taste? Cooks the only fried fish that I will eat!)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you really know how to jerk out a few tears from us. But at least these were good tears--he has had many lately that were not so good. He shook his head, chuckled, choked up and then said "she's something else". So know that it meant alot to him and to me also. thanks from your Big Sis.