Thursday, April 30, 2009

A thought on our prayers.........

I was watching TV last night, listening to a woman give her testimony about being raped and trying to live life afterwards. She said that someone told her, "God doesn't come down to get us out of our situations, God comes down to live inside of us as we go through our situations." I know that I've been guilty of praying, "God, just get me out of this mess!". However, maybe I should have been saying, "God, please don't leave me while I'm in this mess, I need you!". It just made me stop and think about some things, and I wanted to share that with you.

Another saying that caught my attention lately was, "Remember, our blessings don't always come from where we are giving them." How many times do we expect instant gratification for what we do for others? Or so often we live in a "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" world. I wonder just how much bigger our blessings might be if we gave more and truly didn't expect anything in return.

*********************************
Jim will be taking Eli and I to Alabama this weekend to prepare for Aubrey and Lainey's arrival. Krisha is currently in the middle of Week 33, and the doctor thinks she could deliver by Week 36-37. The doctor has restricted her to cutting her work week in half now. Please keep her in your prayers as she has entered into those last miserable weeks of pregnancy!
Also, please keep our cousin, Blake Bobbitt in your prayers. She was the young lady who sustained a broken jaw by the debris of Carl Edward's car during the race at Talladega on Sunday. http://www.timesdaily.com/article/20090429/ARTICLES/904295015
Eli and I will do an update after getting to Alabama and settling in. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comments:

Joy said...

I will be looking for you when I drive down the highway. If I don't see you before the babies are born I will to see you while they are in the hospital.