Friday, March 19, 2010

I never want "average" in my life......

I don't "Twitter", however I do go and read the "tweets" posted by my pastor, Dan Williams. He usually makes some type of statement that I can relate to, and reflect on during the day.
The tweet below, I have gone back and read since he posted it earlier in the week. It is a RT (re-tweet, posted by someone esle and Bro Dan sent it out after receiving it...and yes, I had to look that up on the internet to understand what it meant!).

RT @perrynoble: Dear "average," you suck...stay away from my walk with God, my marriage, my parenting, my friends and my church!

12:26 PM Mar 16th

What a statement!

I remember a song that Darnell and Robin Davis sang at Solid Rock when we were in Mobile, about taking it back......telling the devil that we're taking back our health, our spouse, our job, ...........whatever the devil had taken from us, we were reclaiming.

There are so many "average" people out there just waiting for the opportunity to knock us down and try to destroy us.

The sad thing is, so many times we open the door to let the devil into our homes, because he is hiding behind someone we trust, someone we love. Even sadder, that person doesn't even realize they are being used by the devil to hurt us.

All we have to do to avoid letting "average" into our lives is just follow God's word:

"When a man's ways are pleasing to the Lord,
He makes even his enemies live at peace with him."
Proverbs 16:7
So, put another way:
Dear "average", you can not rage war on me, because I am living to please God!
However, when you are able to break through and hurt me, don't look for revenge from me, but watch your back, cause God is on my side!
"Do not say, "I'll pay you back for this wrong!"
Wait for the Lord, and he will deliver you.
Proverbs 20:22

Praying that the people I come in contact with are not average, nor am I to them. Also, that God forgives me for the times I have fallen to just being an average person.

0 comments: