Friday, November 27, 2009

I always miss him when he isn't here...........

I had good intentions at the beginning of the month to post something each day that I was thankful for, however after the first few days the flu bug hit me and the blog fell behind.

Today, (the day after Thanksgiving) I can say that I am very, very thankful to be healthy again, and that I had a wonderful holiday meal last night with my family. Jim commented this morning that I hadn't updated the blog lately, and that I usually posted something about how much Eli and I miss him. (He currently resides in Texas, Eli and I are in Alabama).
Fact #1 I haven't posted lately.
Fact #2 I always miss him, EACH and EVERY day we are not together. A hundred phone calls a day to each other helps, but it isn't the same.

I am also so very thankful that he has been here with us the past few days. He is a devoted "Popa Jim" and I think he has had his hands on Aubrey and Lainey every opportunity possible.
This morning we got our wake-up call from Krisha at 6:00 a.m. She was already in Tuscaloosa shopping and Dan was getting ready to go hunting. So, Popa Jim and I have been entertaining the girls all morning.............what a wonderful way to spend the day! We hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend and ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

0 comments: