Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A grain of sand or a mountain?

I am as guilty as anyone of really finding my knees to pray when things in my life aren't going the way I think that they should be. Most of the time, the things I am praying about really are very important and I really, really need God's help and guidance.
However, sometimes after hearing about someone's situation other than my own, I just want to say to God, "I am so sorry for bringing my "grain of sand" to you, when this person needs you to help move their "mountain"!

This month's verse, "Enter his gates with THANKSGIVING and his courts with praise;give thanks to him and praise his name."~~Psalm 100:4 has really given me some one-on-one time with God, about how thankful I am for all the many, many blessings in my life.

I know that God listens to our prayers, whether it be a grain of sand or a mountain. I am so thankful that we can talk to him and know that he is listening.

He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17: 19-21

Jim has a co-worker that he and his wife are facing a mountain. Please pray for this couple, for her healing and for both of them to have the faith and strength to face the upcoming treatments she will be going through because of breast cancer.

When Jim called me about them today, it made something that he and I have been praying for seem like a grain of sand. Once again, I was brought back to our monthly verse.

Be thankful.

0 comments: