Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Eli helping with the girls.........


It is so hard to believe that Aubrey and Lainey turned 6 months old yesterday! They have only been with us for six months, but we can't remember our lives before them!
We started the day out going to have lunch with Mother. During this time Krisha began to feel bad and when we got home her fever was 101.3! So, off to the doctor's office for her!!!! Thankfully it was only strep throat. (I realize that sounds weird, but Anita is currently battling the SWINE flu, so we were thankful for the strep diagnosis.)

Eli and I spent the night with them last night so that we could get up with the girls as needed and be here for them today. Krisha was told not to have physical contact with them until 24 hours after starting the antibiotics. At 4:30 p.m. she will be able to hold them again! I know this has been the longest 24 hours in history for her, but Eli and I sure have enjoyed watching the girls.

Our day started at 4:30 when Lainey woke up for a bottle. (Eli got out of bed too and every step I made...he was right behind me!) After her feeding, we went back to bed. At 6:30 we got up for Aubrey's feeding, but we didn't get to go back to bed!
Lainey woke up while we were feeding Aubrey and neither of them wanted to sleep...it was play time! So, Eli and I moved them into the den and we all played until Krisha got up about 8:30.

Krisha's fever is almost back to normal and she is getting her energy back. We finally were able to finish taking the girls 6 month pictures this afternoon. Eli was a big help in getting them ready for them.


2 comments:

Darla said...

O My gosh! I can't belive how big and BEAUTIFUL the babies have gotten. I know all of you are so overjoyed with these two little gifts from God. My girls are going like wild fire all of the time anymore. Most days they don't even take a nap! I hope to see you all soon. I look forward to meeting the twins.

Hilary said...

Hope your daughter gets better soon..those babies are so PRECIOUS!!! Love their smiles :)