Saturday, July 12, 2008

If you don't know her, please get to know her!



I love reading anything written by Beth Moore. If you don't know her, please get to know her through her website (linked from my page). Below is an excerpt taken from her website describing her:
Known for presenting the Scripture in living color, Christian speaker, author, and ministry leader Beth Moore brings joy and excitement in Christ to life through words. Her deep love for the Savior is obvious; her style of speaking electric. She loves the Lord, loves to laugh, and loves to be with His people. She is passionate about women knowing and loving the Word of God, which she says is "life out of the pit" for her.

Beth and Keith praise God for 28 years of marriage. They enjoy traveling, hiking, drinking coffee on the back porch, eating Mexican food, making each other laugh, and being grandparents. The Moores live in Houston, Texas, with their dogs, Beanie and Sunny. They have two adult daughters, Amanda and Melissa. Amanda and her husband, Curtis, serve at a church in the Dallas area and have a one-year-old son named Jackson. Melissa, who shares her mother's appreciation for the Greek language, is completing her Master's degree in Biblical exegesis.

The most recent book I have read by Beth is called, "Jesus, 90 Days with the One and Only", it is a study of Jesus' life. Beth gives the reader the opportunity to "walk with Him through triumph and trail", and "to quietly sit at His side and awaken your spirit." I am looking forward to joining other women at my church (Cathedral in the Pines) this Fall for one of Beth's Bible studies.

Okay, one thing from her blog that I have to share with you is about her losing her two companions, Sunny and Beanie. I won't copy her word for word, but I want to share some of her feelings that Jim and I share with her and Keith about having a dog in the house. (Taken from her June 12th blog)

"My Dear Siestas, thank you so much for your love and kindness toward us in the loss of our beloved Beanie and in only three weeks from the day that we lost my constant shadow, Sunny. This time I didn't feel the least funny about you expending energy to pray for us, even if it seemed silly to some. Between the loss of them both, we are torn up. Just torn up. Have cried more in the last three days than I have cried in the last five years put together. When your kids are grown and you're nurturers by nature like Keith and I are, your pets have a whole different place in the home because you center so much of your activity around them and affection upon them. They are gifts from God to lonesome people. The four of us - Keith, Sunny, Beanie, and I - did everything together. We even took them to Sonic and knew what they liked to order."

"So many of you were right on target: It won't be long till we fill our house with puppies again. We'll take a little while to recover then dive back in. And they'll drive us crazy for two solid years and chew up half the furniture. And we won't care because Keith and I are dog people, plain and simple. Keep the fancy house. We'll take rompin' stompin' dogs. Tranquility never has been what we've looked for in a home. We like L-I-F-E even if it covers the couch with fur. "
To read her entire posting, go to her website: http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com/

To read about the passing of Sunny, "The Passing of a Wonderful Dog" (May 27, 2008) http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com/2008/05/passing-of-wonderful-dog.html

and to read about the passing of Beanie, "Our Darling Beanie" (June 12, 2008) http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com/2008/06/our-darling-beanie.html


I find it very comforting to know that Jim and I are not the only people that consider our "four-legged" children true gifts from God!

Also, for all of you ladies that love to cook, this blog has some great recipes!









(The picture above is of Beth with Sunny, to the right is of Keith with Beanie)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

How crazy is that.....the kids and I just made a Poundcake from her recipe the other day. I love Beth Moore, and often think she's like one of my good friends and then I remember that at the present time she doesn't even know I exist on this planet! HA!