Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Pain is inevitable, but misery is optional!!!



Change can be tough but how much misery should we endure before taking it as a sign to move on. Is this really a “cross to bear” or is it the only way God knows how to get our attention?

Recently, my job situation deteriorated to the point where I had no other option but to get out. I am trusting God to use this situation to accomplish something good for me in the long run.
I believe that God used this circumstance to make sure I will be where He wants me to be, when he says it is time for me to be there. I am putting my career path into God's timing, instead of my own.


The Bible tells me this is only for a short time, and that if I have faith and give it my best, he will make me part of something bigger, and that my work will have eternal significance.
"For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. "2 Corinthians 4:17
God has already spoken that he has great things in store for me. I received the following email, the day after I left my job from a person that has always been an inspiration in my life and has kept me in her prayers since the day I was born, my sister.
"Just want you to know I am praying for you. Woke up Sat. morning about 3:00 and felt like I was having a heart attack, I couldn't breath and felt God wanting me to pray. Several issues were brought to my heart and I began to just cry and pray. He placed you in those thoughts, and as I prayed I thought of your compassion, your tendernes-yet toughness, and thought of all the people you are coming in contact with through your work. I know you are a help to them from your medical knowledge, but what is just as important is your love for them and how you connect with them. Krisha had told me about the autistic man and how you are the only one that can deal with him--God wanted me to tell you there are many others you will help, many others that will see your true concern for them when other nurses or doctors can only help them medically. I have faith in you, faith in your true concern for those you come in contact with--just be you--that will be enough, they will see how special you are and they will trust you, and reach out to you---and God will give you whatever you need to get you thru.
I know in the future I will say, "Leaving that job is the best thing that ever happened to me." So, I refuse to be miserable about it. I will stop having feelings of being a quitter or failing, because I know in my heart I gave it my all. I realize that it wasn't where God needs me to be. I'm letting go and giving God my attention to put me where I belong.

1 comments:

Chrissy said...

Darlene,
Thank you so very much for your words of encouragement. It means a lot to hear from you. As my life takes yet another turn...it is a great turn towards Him. I trust Him. I trust that He is leading me to exactly where He wants me to be. Apparently that was not where I was so He closed that door and is going to be opening another.
Love and prayers,
Chrissy